According to research, there’s a lot you can tell about a person based on the pet they own! Here are a few of the interesting things I found. For more information please click on the links listed at the very bottom.
- People with pets seem to get ill less frequently.
- Dog Owners are less likely to suffer from depression.
- Just the act of petting a dog lowers heart rate and blood pressure.
- Dog owners get better sleep at night.
- Dog owners, generally, get the recommended minimum 30 minutes of exercise a day since they need to be walked and played with numerous times a day!
- Dog people are 15% more outgoing and social.
- They are 13% more agreeable.
- 50% more likely to be conservative
- 30% more likely to enjoy comedy
- 12% more likely to embrace new technology
- 23% more likely to be iPhone users.
- Cat owners tend to be smarter both in terms of IQ score and overall level of education.
- Cat owners leave behind a lower carbon footprint than a dog owner.
- Men who own a cat are “nicer” than other guys.
- Cat owners are quieter and more introverted.
- Cat people generally score higher on open-mindedness, imaginativeness, creativity, adventurousness, and holding unconventional beliefs.
- Cat people are more likely to look past first impressions.
- They make great detectives.
- They are more perceptive and patient.
- 12% more neurotic than dog owners.
- 50% more likely to be liberal.
- 11% more likely to identify as fashion challenged.
- 7% more likely to be Android users.
- 17% more likely to have completed a graduate degree.
- 27% more likely to prefer individual competition over team competition.
- Tend to talk to animals of all kinds.
- Don’t like animal print clothing.
- Are enthusiastic users of social media
- Equally likely to have completed a four year degree.
- 60% are in a long term relationship.